Home » Professionals



If you wish to make a child protection referral to Children’s Social Care, click here to access the Online Referral Form or contact the Front Door for Families on 01273 290400

This part of the website applies to you if you are a ‘Professional’, working with or caring for children and young people in an employed or voluntary capacity.

This includes people whose job brings them into contact with children infrequently or on an adhoc basis, such as members of the Emergency Services or Clergy.

It also includes a wide variety of people in a caring capacity, such as Foster Carers, Childminders or Youth Workers.

This section is about sharing information in order to help and assist professionals in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.

We hope you will find the information useful. Please see our Safeguarding News and Information Updates page for what’s new locally and nationally.

If you are worried a child is being abused, there are some government guidelines and advice for practitioners: What to do if you are worried a child is being abused